[SOLVED] Intermittent shutdowns; now it won't boot into Windows [HELP]

Island6

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2013
Been experiencing intermittent shutdowns about two weeks prior. Computer would shut down within an hour or so of me leaving the room allowing me just enough time to finish up whatever I was working on. I assumed it was just Windows auto updating. 3 days ago it shut down as I was using it, realized it wasn't Windows commanding an update. Now when I press the power button on the case/motherboard, it'll try to boot for about 10-30 seconds and fail. Last night I couldn't boot into Windows at all. This morning I just tried powering it up again, was able to sign in but then it failed. Haven't had a BSOD throughout this entire experience so far.

Computer is about 2 years old, built it in 2019
Specs:
AMD 3900x
2080ti
32GB RAM (4 Sticks)
2tb NVME M.2 SSDs (1tb each)
1200w ROG PSU
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Motherboard

Methods I've tried: -Swapped out the 1200w PSU for a new 850w PSU to try and rule out any possible PSU failures, did not work.
-I have a cable extension for the motherboard cable for aesthetic reasons that I read may cause extra resistance and lead to failures, so I took that off and plugged the PSU cable directly into the board which also failed.
-I tried booting up with 1 stick of RAM one by one, still failed each time.
-Removed the graphics card and tried to boot, still failed.
-Replaced the CMOS battery (I had some new ones laying around and figured why not) still failed.

This is beyond me at this point and I'm not sure what else I can/should try. All I know is I need your guys help since I'm working on an important project with a deadline of a week and a half from now. I called a local tech support company that offers house calls to setup an appointment for next week just in case I can't figure this out myself; however if any of you can help or have any ideas of what I should try at the moment, that would be highly appreciated.

Currently the computer is wired up to the new 850w PSU since that arrived yesterday and I installed it before work. Would this be a BIOS issue? The computer is basically unusable in it's current state. Please help 😩😢

Solution
Been experiencing intermittent shutdowns about two weeks prior. Computer would shut down within an hour or so of me leaving the room allowing me just enough time to finish up whatever I was working on. I assumed it was just Windows auto updating. 3 days ago it shut down as I was using it, realized it wasn't Windows commanding an update. Now when I press the power button on the case/motherboard, it'll try to boot for about 10-30 seconds and fail. Last night I couldn't boot into Windows at all. This morning I just tried powering it up again, was able to sign in but then it failed. Haven't had a BSOD throughout this entire experience so far.

Specs:
AMD 3900x
2080ti
32GB RAM...

Specs:
AMD 3900x
2080ti
32GB RAM (4 Sticks)
2tb NVME M.2 SSDs (1tb each)
1200w ROG PSU
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Motherboard

Methods I've tried: -Swapped out the 1200w PSU for a new 850w PSU to try and rule out any possible PSU failures, did not work.
-I have a cable extension for the motherboard cable for aesthetic reasons that I read may cause extra resistance and lead to failures, so I took that off and plugged the PSU cable directly into the board which also failed.
-I tried booting up with 1 stick of RAM one by one, still failed each time.
-Removed the graphics card and tried to boot, still failed.
-Replaced the CMOS battery (I had some new ones laying around and figured why not) still failed.

This is beyond me at this point and I'm not sure what else I can/should try. All I know is I need your guys help since I'm working on an important project with a deadline of a week and a half from now. I called a local tech support company that offers house calls to setup an appointment for next week just in case I can't figure this out myself; however if any of you can help or have any ideas of what I should try at the moment, that would be highly appreciated.

Currently the computer is wired up to the new 850w PSU since that arrived yesterday and I installed it before work. Would this be a BIOS issue? The computer is basically unusable in it's current state. Please help 😩😢
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (should be 24 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) on device manager and the chipset in control panel like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and go to power plan, make sure it is set on amd ryzen balanced power plan, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution