• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Intermittent VGA Light (and now DRAM today)

May 18, 2020
Hello everyone! I built my first a month ago and have been really enjoying it. However, every once in a while I'll boot the PC up and will get the VGA error light to come on. I tried re-seating my GPU but to no avail. It works perfectly fine when it's on, no affect on performance, so I've just ignored it. However, I just had the DRAM light come on during boot and was left with a black screen, so I held the power button and turned it back on, and it's working fine. Should I be worried? I turn off my computer every night and then back on in the morning because I've read it's no longer an issue for new computers, but at this point I think I'm going to stop doing that. Thanks in advance!

Also here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
G.Skill Trident Neo RGB DDR4 3600 Mhz CL16
ASUS TUF X570 Plus (WiFi)
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
NZXT X73 AiO
Lian Li PC O11 Air

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS