Question Internal drive recovery externally

Mar 14, 2023
I have 7 old Raptor drives and one combination of two of them has a RAID 0 that holds old Crypto Wallets on it(for Digibyte and dogecoin) is there a way or a device I can use to plug and play them trying different combination externally to find the correct combination and then transfer that to a much newer HD keeping the all the information in tack(without RAID 0 if possible)?
I dont want to keep plugging and pulling them internally on my PC(I tried it and my PC wont recognize them without reformatting..plus its a pain).

I have 7 old Raptor drives and one combination of two of them has a RAID 0 that holds old Crypto Wallets on it(for Digibyte and dogecoin) is there a way or a device I can use to plug and play them trying different combination externally to find the correct combination and then transfer that to a much newer HD keeping the all the information in tack(without RAID 0 if possible)?
I dont want to keep plugging and pulling them internally on my PC(I tried it and my PC wont recognize them without reformatting..plus its a pain).

You’ll want a compatible RAID controller. Assuming it was Intel RAID. You’ll want a motherboard with Intel RAID. Set SATA to RAID mode. Then try different combinations of drives. Until the controller recognizes an existing RAID profile.

With different brands of RAID controllers. You’ll need to follow their instructions. Some may not be as universal and require the exact same model as you used before.

Mar 14, 2023
I appreciate the replies, and I will do those thing, but how did I get them connected to my pc externally(like through a usb port)? To use them like an external drive...I dont feel comfortable playing with my motherboard and plugging and unplugging sata cables.
or am I not understanding something you guys are telling me?

You could connect via USB for testing, but assembling a RAID is best done by attaching both drives to your SATA ports.

Let's say your drives are 74GB Raptors. DMDE will show the HDD's capacity as 74GB, but the partition table might show 148GB (= 2 x 74). That would identify the first member of the RAID 0 pair.

DMDE can autodetect and assemble a virtual RAID. That is, DMDE will take the two drives that you have identified, rebuild the RAID, and then present you with a file/folder tree that you can navigate just as you would in Windows File Explorer.