[SOLVED] Internal Hard Disk Keeps disconnecting

pindiboy

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
So i have this Internal secondary Hard Disk Sea Gate 4Tb its about 5 or 6 years old and it has started giving me some problems it keeps disconnecting, i have to reboot my pc 3 or 4 times for it to show up. Anyhow once its shows it can remain connected for 10 or 12 hours and its possible it can disconnect after 10 or 15 minutes or maybe 1 hour.

I was able to scan it with multiple HD scanner softwares and no error was found. I ran the long 8 hours scans(I havent ran 8 hour scan if HD Sentinel but i ran normal test it was ok in that test) but nothing it was ok on these sofwares(HD Tune Pro, Hard Disk Sentinels, Crystal Disk Info, Sea Gate Tools) it is 100% ok.

I even changed data cable and power cables reinstalled fresh windows but dont know whats wrong with it, it never even shows in BIOS, and yes one more thing it some times disconnects when i am copying something to this hard disk, whats wrong with it?

I also have a 320Gb HD(with windows in it) its much older and it does have a weak sector according to HD Sentinel but 4Tb HD has nothing wrong with it (thats what these HD Scanners are saying).