Question Internal hard drive fatal error ?

WrongRookie

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
I was just browsing and trying to save on my internal hard drive when suddenly the error shows "hard drive fatal error". I turned off, removed and reinserted the drive and it still doesn't show the hard drive after booting back.

I did the check drive status on CMD but the odd thing is that it shows everything as OK. So I don't know what happened. How do I make Windows get my internal drive recognised again?

<Mod edit> Just to add, when I go to the disk management, it says "no media on drive F" (which is the internal hard disk).

Last edited:

WrongRookie

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
Ok what is even weird is that the Windows never runs in safe mode unless the internal hard disk is removed. Again, I cloned windows to m.2 nvme drive so without the internal HDD, its able to boot windows 10 fine and everything.

When I insert it back in, it neither runs windows 10 nor does it display the hard drive. is my hard drive hacked or is there a way to fix this? Please help.

WrongRookie

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
Its alright...I realized that its dead and there's nothing I can do. I ordered the Western Digital blue HHD 2 TB. Is it good enough for storing video editing and games?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS