[SOLVED] Internal Hard Drive is not being detected.

Jan 16, 2019
So recently my hard drive randomly started becoming unresponsive before completely giving up on me. I got a new one and installed Windows 7 Home Premium on it with no problem at all. My friends suggested to try and plug the hard drive in so I can retrieve my art files off of it. The old hard drive isn't showing up along side my new hard drive, or in Disk Management, nor in the BIOS setup. I've tried plugging different cables into it and have not gotten any success.

The hard drive is running and making its normal sound, but it isn't being recognized at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Well, you can try replacing the SATA cables with the new ones to check if it detects your internal drive because sometimes old SATA cables also being the reason for unresponsive or undetected internal hard drive.

If that also not works then you can try connecting your internal drive as an external drive via USB connector as it will use an entirely separate execution path to access the drive. Hopefully it will detect your internal drive.

If still there is no cure for this problem then there are chances that your hard drive is completely dead & if you want some data from that drive then you might need to go for any data recovery service provider who can pull out your valuable data (if any) from that dead drive.

tony_parker

BANNED
Jan 15, 2019
Well, you can try replacing the SATA cables with the new ones to check if it detects your internal drive because sometimes old SATA cables also being the reason for unresponsive or undetected internal hard drive.

If that also not works then you can try connecting your internal drive as an external drive via USB connector as it will use an entirely separate execution path to access the drive. Hopefully it will detect your internal drive.

If still there is no cure for this problem then there are chances that your hard drive is completely dead & if you want some data from that drive then you might need to go for any data recovery service provider who can pull out your valuable data (if any) from that dead drive.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS