Internal hard drive partioned and shared for multiple boots?

liambbarr

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I’m wondering if it’s possible to partition a hard drive to be read and written to from 2 operating systems?

Basically I’m looking for a solution to have 2 operating systems running on a pc and having a quick way of sharing files between the 2.

Would it simply be possible to do this similar to an external hard drive? Or are there extra steps involved?

If this isn’t possible, what would your ideal solution be?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from liambbarr : "Can an internal hard drive share files between multiple OS?"

USAFRet

Titan

Possible, yes. (external drive, probably not)
But...

1. Which OS's?

2. Why?

3. What size/type drive(s)?

4. What are the full specs of this system?

liambbarr

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

1. I'm planning on building a Hackintosh and Windows in the one PC with separate hard drives.

2. I'd like to quickly be able to work on something on either OS's and then if I choose to, share these files to the other OS. Ideally quite quickly.

This might help:
rzootbk.png

3. Unsure at this stage. My choice may depend on the possibility of this.

4. At this stage the specs haven't yet been picked out, as the possibility of this will help me decide.

USAFRet

Titan
OK. That's a pretty standard dualboot setup.
I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Except for the possibility of different drive formating issues between Apple and Windows.

Hackintosh is not in my realm of experience, so you'll have to get other opinions on this.