Internal HDD not recognized in BIOS

KumaTech

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Hello, i want to ask for a solution for my internal HDD.

I just pausing in a middle of a videoi when i'm leaving my laptop untouched for maybe 15 minutes, but when i got back, the screen has changed to the startup screen.

When i waited for a while, the screen showed "Operating system not found" message and when i checked BIOS, it shows no sign that my HDD is plugged in and the HDD is making sound like this http://vocaroo.com/i/s1NQacB7OQ1c

Please tell me if there is a solution to this because it happened so suddenly and i didnt have any chance at all to backup my important files..

Sorry mate, it looks like the HDD is gone. The sound is mechanical failure sound. And not showing the HDD in BIOS also pointing that the drive is dead.

Anyways you still can try the drive in another system or with another set of cables(SATA/Power), if the problem persists then you can tell for sure the drive is dead.

And I think data recovery is out of your hand now. To recover data the drive must be seen on BIOS, but it doesn't. So if the data is really important to you find a data recovery company, and try not to use the drive. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS