Internal PC connection 9800SE AIW to motherboard

I have a 9800SE all in wonder installed in motherboard (Asus a7n8x-e).

to get sound coming out of speakers when using TV etc i need to have a
lead going from audio output from back of pc to line in socket.

All seems a bit messy to me and i was wondering if there was something
i could to do internally which will allow sound.

There is an "audio out" header on the card which i would have thought
should connect to "CD In" or "Aux" on the motherboard.

However the connectorm does not seem the right size.

Can anyone tell me what connector i need and where i could buy one in
UK?

Regards

Steve Fisher

A VERY good question. I've just gone down this path with my AIW Radeon
(original version). Although an analog CDROM audio cable often has the
correct connectors at the ends, the ones I've tried have the wrong wiring
and they're always too long. I've approached HCP cables
http://www.computermarket.com/mall/39108E0C/ about this and they had a
couple of shorter cables (still longer than ideal though). I suggest you
give them a try. You could also approach your ATI supplier in the UK. I've
tried this but found the company I approached to be hopeless at realising a
possible sales opportunity - they had nothing ready and weren't even keen to
take such a risk on getting them made up for any future sales. This is in
light of the impending release of a PAL TV Wonder Pro (suitable for use with
an AIW Radeon or above to get MulTView features). You might also wish to
post in the www.rage3d.com forum about this. Good luck!

Paul

"Steve Fisher" <scfisher_list@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have a 9800SE all in wonder installed in motherboard (Asus a7n8x-e).
>
> to get sound coming out of speakers when using TV etc i need to have a
> lead going from audio output from back of pc to line in socket.
>
> All seems a bit messy to me and i was wondering if there was something
> i could to do internally which will allow sound.
>
> There is an "audio out" header on the card which i would have thought
> should connect to "CD In" or "Aux" on the motherboard.
>
> However the connectorm does not seem the right size.
>
> Can anyone tell me what connector i need and where i could buy one in
> UK?
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Fisher

I just got my soldering iron out!

D0d6y

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:24:42 +0100, "Paul Murphy"
<p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> waffled on about something:

--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

HPC cables mentioned below quoted me £2.50 inc. post and packing. (ATI
want to charge 20 dollars!!) However last night opened up my old PC
and discovered that the connection from cd to soundcard had an extra
connector on CD end. Tried this with graphics card in new pc and it
worked.

Can't belive it was so simple in the end.

Regards

Steve Fisher