[SOLVED] Internal Webcam won't work on any browser, but works in camera app

Status
Not open for further replies.

seriouslyrobert1

Prominent
Aug 11, 2020
So my camera was working yesterday. I tried to use it again today, but it won't work. I went on omegle just to check and see if it recognizes and asks for permission, but it doesn't. I used all 3 of my browsers (firefox, chrome, edge) and none are recognizing it. On omegle it says: Error with camera: Requested device not found. When I go into the camera app on the computer, it recognizes it and works just fine. When I checked the antivirus "is your webcam spying on you thing," where it accesses your webcam to see what others see, it wouldn't access it either, and it has before. The only place the cam is working is in the camera app!

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Sager notebook. (edit)

From what's happening I can't think that it could be:

Camera driver since it's working in the camera app (checked and current)

Out of date browsers (checked all and current)

Antivirus (uninstalled and reinstalled, checked when not on computer, cam still not working)

What else could it be? Just crazy that it would randomly stop working, just on browsers. Never heard of or seen anything like this.

Please help, thanks in advance.

Solution
I just installed a brand new web camera on my desktop and couldn't get the camera to work until I did the following: Over in the upper right corner of the ISP page is a pull down menu, "Settings and more" (Alt-F). I selected the "Web Capture" and allowed my camera. I turned off the "Block Camera" and everything started working. Not saying this is your problem but it might be worth looking into. Good Luck.

seriouslyrobert1

Prominent
Aug 11, 2020
UPDATE:

I ran system restore and it's working now....But now google Chrome won't even open. I'm still curious what it could have been because I have auto updates turned off. Nothing on my computer updated besides the antivirus in the last day, and I tried after I uninstalled the antivirus and it still wasn't working. Any ideas thanks.

Rexxkar

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
I just installed a brand new web camera on my desktop and couldn't get the camera to work until I did the following: Over in the upper right corner of the ISP page is a pull down menu, "Settings and more" (Alt-F). I selected the "Web Capture" and allowed my camera. I turned off the "Block Camera" and everything started working. Not saying this is your problem but it might be worth looking into. Good Luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.