Internet Access but Can't Connect to Internet

flerbergerber

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
I know there are already thousands of threads all over the Internet about this, but I'll preface by saying that I've already tried EVERYTHING. That said, the problem is this: When connected to an xfinity wifi hotspot, my computer tells me I have Internet access, but I don't. If I connect to my home's WiFi, I can connect to the Internet normally, but we're trying to save Internet by having the biggest Internet users in our house on Xfinity Wifi, and I am the biggest Internet user in the house. I've tried using troubleshooting, but all it says is "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer", and it can't fix the problem. A ping to any website or IP address times out all four tries. I've tried restarting the modem, and I've tried manually inputing the DNS into my adapter settings. Here are some additional specs:

Motherboard: MSI A58M-E33 (MS-7721)
Network Adapter: Linksys AE1000
OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview build fbl_impressive_cxe 10074 Professional (I am aware this may be a Windows 10 bug)
ISP: Comcast
Connection Type: IPv4 private network, xfinity wifi hotspot (works on other connections)
Devices connected to network: 5

Trying to connect to an outdoor wifi hotspot from within the house will result in a poor signal. While you can likely detect the hotspot, you are having trouble maintaining the connection.

You will need to redesign your network, with likely more bandwidth from your ISP, and an up to date wireless router (ie: 802.11ac).