Internet and phone problems

jlb555

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
I got weird issue going on. At random times during the day i get really bad lag on anything i do online and the house phone has static on it. I run ping test though cmd prompt and i get server timeouts but when i run a ping test on pingtest.net and i call the cable company they say nothings wrong. Even the modem says nothings wrong. This been happening since December and my cable company cant seem to find out whats wrong. Well there was a few things wrong the amp on the line needed to be replaced and the transmission lvls kept spiking but they fixed that. All equipment in the house has been replaced. Basically all diagnostics equipment expect for cmd prompt says everything ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
The wiring could be damaged. If you notice this happens during a rainy period, there could be small holes in the cables due to squirrels using them to get around. The water gets in the holes and causes packet loss to your signal. If someone installed some high powered radios near by, you could try using ferrite cores to cut down on some of the interference. Btw, this is something that has just happened out of the blue? Was your connection fine before?

schwatzz

Distinguished
The wiring could be damaged. If you notice this happens during a rainy period, there could be small holes in the cables due to squirrels using them to get around. The water gets in the holes and causes packet loss to your signal. If someone installed some high powered radios near by, you could try using ferrite cores to cut down on some of the interference. Btw, this is something that has just happened out of the blue? Was your connection fine before?

Solution

jlb555

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

yeah about it started happening in December out of nowhere. The connection was prefect before. I got a question could it be the node behind our house. Yes there is a cable node right behind my house