Question Internet causing windows to crash/freeze ?

Valkyrius

Reputable
Dec 13, 2016
Recently built a new computer and everything is fine except for a very strange issue resulting in my computer to freeze after trying to download (not all the time but occasionally) off of steam and other websites. Downloads are generally okay but sometimes they'll cause my computer to freeze to where even ctrl-alt delete doesn't work and I'll have to force shutdown my PC.

There are also times where even trying to connect to the internet causes my computer to freeze up too. The persistent issue I'm having that I can replicate without fail is that trying to connect to a VPN is simply impossible. Whenever I try to connect my VPN my computer will freeze and I'll have to force shutdown. Computer is fine up until this point, sometimes it will freeze when connecting to the wifi but generally it is okay.

I figured it could be a problem with the usb port so connected to multiple different ports yet the problem still persists. Also thought that it could the wifi adapter itself so I used another but the problem was still occurring. I'm running expressvpn as admin too as I thought that could be the issue, but that hasn't been the solution unfortunately. I'm at a loss of what to do, so if anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing this problem it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS