Question Internet connection and equipment

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys,

I need some sugestions for my internet connection equipment for a new house.
My internet provider told me that i need 2 routers and 1 switch with 8-ports, but i've heard a rack is better since i will use surveillance cameras and things like this.
I dont know what equipment i need, how good has to be, powerful and things like this, or even if i need 2 routers.
My internet will be provided through optic fiber and the speed is 1 Gb/s, the house has 3 levels, each level having ~200 square meters.
Budget is medium and i need suggestions pretty quick if possible.
The internet will be used for casual purpose like Youtube, Netflix, Games, maybe some light projects, nothing that will stress the equipment to hard.

P.S.: If the choosen topic is wrong im sorry and please move it to the right one.

Thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi guys,

I need some sugestions for my internet connection equipment for a new house.
My internet provider told me that i need 2 routers and 1 switch with 8-ports, but i've heard a rack is better since i will use surveillance cameras and things like this.
I dont know what equipment i need, how good has to be, powerful and things like this, or even if i need 2 routers.
My internet will be provided through optic fiber and the speed is 1 Gb/s, the house has 3 levels, each level having ~200 square meters.
Budget is medium and i need suggestions pretty quick if possible.
The internet will be used for casual purpose like Youtube, Netflix, Games, maybe some light projects, nothing that will stress the equipment to hard.

P.S.: If the choosen topic is wrong im sorry and please move it to the right one.

Thank you.
Is this a house that is under construction or completed? How much network cabling is (will be) installed?
Those are the first questions which need to be answered.

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
Is this a house that is under construction or completed? How much network cabling is (will be) installed?
Those are the first questions which need to be answered.
The house is completed, all the network cabling is already installed, it just need to be bound to that equipment.
How much cabling is installed i cant tell you for sure, all i know is that for the internet i have cables in every room, which is about 7-8 cables of internet, and the guy that has to make the links told me that i need the 8-port switch and 2 routers...that's all i know.