Question Internet Connection Bottlenecked at 3Mbps, only on PC.

Aug 24, 2022
My computer has been facing this problem for the same problem for around 2 years now and I've finally gotten sick about it.

I use a Netgear Wireless Modem, with my Ps4 and PC both attached to it (Not running at the same time, mind you.)
My PC gets a peak of 3.4Mbps, and my PS4 gets upwards of 20Mbps.
Ive already tried disabling some Large Offload thing on IPV4 settings, disabling and uninstalling all Antivirus, and changing my DNS server. I have a static IP address and am running on the latest update of Windows 10.

Can anyone think of anymore possible ways to help and remedy this dumb bottleneck.

kanewolf

Titan
My computer has been facing this problem for the same problem for around 2 years now and I've finally gotten sick about it.

I use a Netgear Wireless Modem, with my Ps4 and PC both attached to it (Not running at the same time, mind you.)
My PC gets a peak of 3.4Mbps, and my PS4 gets upwards of 20Mbps.
Ive already tried disabling some Large Offload thing on IPV4 settings, disabling and uninstalling all Antivirus, and changing my DNS server. I have a static IP address and am running on the latest update of Windows 10.

Can anyone think of anymore possible ways to help and remedy this dumb bottleneck.
What model Netgear wireless router ?
What kind of WIFI does your motherboard have? Built-in? USB? If built-in, what is your motherboard model? If USB, what is the model of the adapter?

Aug 24, 2022
What model Netgear wireless router ?
What kind of WIFI does your motherboard have? Built-in? USB? If built-in, what is your motherboard model? If USB, what is the model of the adapter?
My NetGear Wireless Router is a MR60 Nighthawk Mesh System.
My PC has no WiFi capabilities and is connected through Ethernet directly to my Wireless Router.
I have an ASROCK 320M-HDV.

Is there anyway you can try this connecting via ethernet to the main router. What you are doing in effect is using the remote "repeater" box as a wireless nic card that you connect to via ethernet rather than say USB.

I am not sure what a ps4 supports. Can you somehow test transfer speed between the 2 device when both are connected to the device via ethernet. Maybe some kind of file copy.

Normally this is a very common issue with wifi but in this case the 2 devices both share the same wifi connection so it can't be something like they get different signal levels.

Maybe a unrelated thing but how did you get those speed numbers are they both from say speedtest or is this some file download number. Most pc download sites use MBYTE but some other platforms use mbits, not sure about a ps4. You numbers are pretty close to the 8 to 1 difference you see when you confuse the terms.

Aug 24, 2022
Is there anyway you can try this connecting via ethernet to the main router. What you are doing in effect is using the remote "repeater" box as a wireless nic card that you connect to via ethernet rather than say USB.

I am not sure what a ps4 supports. Can you somehow test transfer speed between the 2 device when both are connected to the device via ethernet. Maybe some kind of file copy.

Normally this is a very common issue with wifi but in this case the 2 devices both share the same wifi connection so it can't be something like they get different signal levels.

Maybe a unrelated thing but how did you get those speed numbers are they both from say speedtest or is this some file download number. Most pc download sites use MBYTE but some other platforms use mbits, not sure about a ps4. You numbers are pretty close to the 8 to 1 difference you see when you confuse the terms.

I used the download speeds given to me by PS4 when altering a WiFi connection, and ill try connecting to the main modem when i have the chance.

TRENDING THREADS