[SOLVED] Internet connection consumes a lot of ram.

Mar 7, 2020
Is it normal that whenever I get connected to the internet my ram jumps from 20% usage to 50%. I have 8GBs of ram (2x4gb ddr3 1600). My first suspicion was my GPU (RX570) having 4gb of shared memory, but when I noticed that the spike in ram usage occurs once I started connecting to the internet I suppose the problem was not because of the GPU.

Solution
Which kind of connection ? Check and upgrade drivers to that particular connection, some drivers cause a bad memory "Leak".
Thanks for the help, but I think I've finally fixed it, my ram is acting normally now. I just installed Malwarebytes and did a full scan turns out there were a couple of problems (4 of them) that needed to be quarantined, and then I disable a couple of background apps. I don't know which of the two fix solved my problem but after restarting my computer the ram usage was ok even when connected to the internet.
Is it normal that whenever I get connected to the internet my ram jumps from 20% usage to 50%. I have 8GBs of ram (2x4gb ddr3 1600). My first suspicion was my GPU (RX570) having 4gb of shared memory, but when I noticed that the spike in ram usage occurs once I started connecting to the internet I suppose the problem was not because of the GPU.
Which kind of connection ? Check and upgrade drivers to that particular connection, some drivers cause a bad memory "Leak".

Mar 7, 2020
Thanks for the help, but I think I've finally fixed it, my ram is acting normally now. I just installed Malwarebytes and did a full scan turns out there were a couple of problems (4 of them) that needed to be quarantined, and then I disable a couple of background apps. I don't know which of the two fix solved my problem but after restarting my computer the ram usage was ok even when connected to the internet.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS