Question Internet connection dips briefly causing freezing and disconnection

Lee Bowden

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
Hello All,

I wondered if anyone could help me please, not sure if I can explain this issue properly but will try my best.

Whilst playing Apex Legends and streaming via Streamlabs OBS to Twitch.tv my internet has random moments of dipping. If it dips too long then I get a server error from Apex, also the stream disconnects.

I don't seem to totally lose the connection as sometimes it picks back up in time and the I don't get any server errors or disconnection.

I keep an eye on the connection in Task Manager >>> Performance >>> Ethernet. I have also monitored it through Twitch Inspector, which shows the same information.

I have tried googling the issue but cannot find anything that really matches my issue.

I have tried several things but nothing fixes it but I do find things have helped.

Playing the game and not streaming is fine...

I have tried ipconfig commands in cmd, different ethernet cables, network reset, reset router, factory reset router, turned home plugs off and on, ping tests, tracert in cmd. Tried different ethernet ports in router.

I tired a different game which is less demanding and that was fine.

I tried streaming through Radeon but that didn't work.

I haven't tried repairing the game through Origin or connecting directly to the router yet. These are on my to do list...

I am not sure what information people will need in order to help but I will list below.

AMD 9590
ASROCK 990FX EXTREME 9
AMD RADEON RX5700 8GB
16GB RAM
SSD 1 - WINDOWS 10 HOME 90GB
SSD 2 AND 3 STORAGE 512GB

DOWNLOAD - 55MBPS
UPLOAD - 20MBPS

USING DEVOLO HOME PLUGS

APEX LEGENDS STREAMING TO TWITCH VIA STREAMLABS OBS

1920X1080 BASE RESOLUTION
1280X720 OUTPUT
3500 TARGET BITRATE
30FPS

Any help to solve this infuriating issue would be greatly appreciated.

Lee Bowden

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
I connected my pc directly to router and did not have the issue I have been getting aith my homeplugs. Possibly the home plugs are old now and need upgrading or possibly just a reset to factory settings, not that they have many settings.