Question Internet Connection drops every 10-30 minutes

Sep 24, 2020
I have recently moved into a home with a few people who have been here for around 2 years. First thing I noticed when I got here was how often the internet would disconnect and then reconnect. They mentioned to me it was perfect for a little over a year and would almost never go out unless it was a area outage. Now the internet will disconnect for about 30 seconds usually, but sometimes up to 3 or so minutes and then reconnect for about 10-30 minutes.

We recently had a tech from spectrum come out to replace our modem and to no surprise, it was no help. Today I went into the router on my PC and changed the channels on both frequencies, ensure all cables were snug and on correctly and showed little to no success. I also went in and did a factory reset which worked for around a hour and sadly everything turned and went right back to normal.

I’m lost on how to potentially fix this since last time we had the tech here for our new modem he did his usual test outside to check the connections and said there were no issues. All I want to do is to be able to play my games online without disconnecting just when I’m having fun. Any suggestions would be appreciate or fixes would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS