[SOLVED] Internet connection keeps dropping

Nov 26, 2019
My internet connection keeps dropping, I have switched to Ethernet but the lag spike still happens for about a minute or two then reconnects. When I experience a lag spike everyone else in my house also does and all devices disconnect from the internet.

Solution
My internet connection keeps dropping, I have switched to Ethernet but the lag spike still happens for about a minute or two then reconnects. When I experience a lag spike everyone else in my house also does and all devices disconnect from the internet.
If ALL devices have this problem then it is either your router, modem, cabling to the outside of the building or the ISP. Routers do overheat. Cheap wall transformers for routers fail. Same for modem power supplies. Start looking at the logs on the router. See if they show a disconnect.

kanewolf

Titan
If ALL devices have this problem then it is either your router, modem, cabling to the outside of the building or the ISP. Routers do overheat. Cheap wall transformers for routers fail. Same for modem power supplies. Start looking at the logs on the router. See if they show a disconnect.

Solution