I have recently purchased a new laptop, its has XP 2000.
want to connect to the internet automatically, i have entered my
username and password and clicked on save user and password, but
whenever i restart my pc i have to write my password again.
Any idea how i can fix that.
My previous laptop, not XP, connects automatically to the internet.

Thank-you,
May

--
mayclaire

Byte

Have you contacted tech support from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
with this problem?
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"mayclaire" wrote:

> I have recently purchased a new laptop, its has XP 2000.
> want to connect to the internet automatically, i have entered my
> username and password and clicked on save user and password, but
> whenever i restart my pc i have to write my password again.
> Any idea how i can fix that.
> My previous laptop, not XP, connects automatically to the internet.
>
> Thank-you,
> May
>

> --
> mayclaire

Some ISP's will use the PC's NIC card's MAC address, as verification for login for their service. So you do not need to use username and password every time you connect to their service. This would also happen, if you had replaced the NIC card in the original PC. You would need to call them up and register the new card's MAC address. Since the NIC card's MAC address of the second machine is not registered with them, this may force you to verify it is you, by entering an username and password, at login.

A work around, is to purchase a router, that should have the ability to "clone" the MAC address of the PC, registered with the ISP. And any PC connected to the Router will appear to the ISP as the registered PC.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>