Internet connections not available

Jun 21, 2018
Computer shut down. When I try to start dcreen reads not connected to network and bottom of screen shows red X "no network connections available" yet my phone is fine and is connected. Not a techie gal. Pls advise.

Solution
G
Sometimes another restart of Windows is all it takes to fix a glitch like that (provided there's no faulty hardware of course).

Incidentally, Windows Device Manager isn't infallible (not even on Windows 10). My PC was diagnosed as having a faulty network card by HP telephone support - - they were spot on even though Windows was telling me "This device is working properly" - ho hum :/

I replaced the network card and problem fixed.
Jun 21, 2018
This is a laptop. Lenovo ThinkPad. Don't know what to try next. One video said to go to drivers and then look for corrupt files and uninstall and search for new drivers and scan for hardware changes. None of that is the issue. Doesn't show any corrupt files under network adaptors. Please help. Thank you.

G

Sometimes another restart of Windows is all it takes to fix a glitch like that (provided there's no faulty hardware of course).

Incidentally, Windows Device Manager isn't infallible (not even on Windows 10). My PC was diagnosed as having a faulty network card by HP telephone support - - they were spot on even though Windows was telling me "This device is working properly" - ho hum :/

I replaced the network card and problem fixed.

Solution