[SOLVED] Internet connectivity issues Intel 255 / Asus LAN Driver EXE refuses to run

Thefirefox520

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2014
Good day. I have been having issues with my ASUS prime 490-A / Internet connection . I have been running some MC servers recently and have had this strange issue. At random intervals my PC will loose all connection to the internet and will refuse to connect unless I do an entire reboot. I understand that the intel 225 controller has has some issues and I believe it may be related to that. What I have done to fix it follows

Flash Bios to latest revision

Update NIC 225 Firmware to 1.45

Attempted to install latest network drivers (Driver version 1.02.13

Now that being said I had to go get the network driver from Intel's sight. I tried using the LAN driver (1.0.1.4) from ASUS's website but every time I try to run the EXE a CMD window pops up then disappears quickly. At this point I dont know what else to do so im very appreciative to anyone who can offer assistance. Thank you

Solution
Yes and unfortunately I have seen other people that have used that solution. At least the cards are cheap and intel makes great 1gbit cards.

As a add on make sure you uninstall any of the asus gamer network garbage they package with motherboards. I think they are calling it cfosspeed but anything that talks about QoS or giving favoring game traffic needs to be removed. This does not cause the problem you are seeing, it more caps the speed to lower data rates. Not sure why maybe cpu load or something.
Hard to say which driver is the best. I have seen people claim the latest is best and other loading a previous release. Intel sure messed this up, first they had chipsets that could not be fully fixed with software and even after all this time you see constant complaints about these 2.5g ports even on the new hardware versions.

Is the port actually going to a disconnected status. When it is broken does the IPCONFIG command show disconnected or does it have ip addresses. If it does can you ping the router ip.

Most the intel issues are more related to performance and packet loss. The port actually going down sounds more like a cable issue. Check that none of those green or power save options are turned on in the bios.

Thefirefox520

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2014
Thank you for the response. When it happens next I will try what you said. I will also check The Bios for any of those settings. Also I know this isn't optimal but would getting a network card allow me to bypass the board and all its short comings with the 225?

Yes and unfortunately I have seen other people that have used that solution. At least the cards are cheap and intel makes great 1gbit cards.

As a add on make sure you uninstall any of the asus gamer network garbage they package with motherboards. I think they are calling it cfosspeed but anything that talks about QoS or giving favoring game traffic needs to be removed. This does not cause the problem you are seeing, it more caps the speed to lower data rates. Not sure why maybe cpu load or something.

Solution