Internet constantly drops and reconnects.

Sep 7, 2018
We recently got a new Spectrum router installed because the old one was really slow. We used the same cables that were used for the old one for the new one. The routers internet constantly drops, no matter what device we use or how close we are. I've tried manually resetting it with the button on the back and disconnecting it and reconnecting it, but the problem still goes on. I can access the router settings online if that helps, Or if theres a step by step way to reinstall it, that'd help.

Solution
You will need to see if there are firmware updates for the router you're working with. There can also be models of the device whereby only your ISP has access to manipulating the firmware and settings of the router. Might want to contact your ISP and also doublecheck that you're on the package/plan you paid for.

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to see if there are firmware updates for the router you're working with. There can also be models of the device whereby only your ISP has access to manipulating the firmware and settings of the router. Might want to contact your ISP and also doublecheck that you're on the package/plan you paid for.

Solution
Repeated disconnects on WiFi often means a faulty router --- I got so fed up with resetting mine several times a week that I bought a more expensive one which has never given me any problems --- wasn't cheap though, it's a Billion wall-mounted model, cost twice as much as the one it replaced but worth every penny for it's rock-solid reliability.