Question Internet cuts off after boot for 60 seconds...

Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys,

New member here but have been reading and getting advice for many years, i usually just use the search but cannot find anything like the problem i have.

So basically when i boot my PC the internet connects pretty much immediately for maybe 10-15 seconds, and then after that it will cut out for about 60-90 seconds before working again. This never used to happen and i don't really remember installing any hardware around the time it started but it happens 100% of the time when booting., works fine after that and as it should.

PC specs are:

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v2 home server
Asus z9pe-d8 ws
96gb ram
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Virgin Media 200mbps fibre (plugged into router via ethernet cable)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Thanks,

Mike.

counter8

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015
Today I was turnin up pc and noticed same thing happens to me (loading circle, then yellow triangle and when I turn on chrome, icon loads that internet is working). I think its normal if internet works good afterwards. Are you sure it doesnt happen before? Maybe you didnt notice it.

Aug 1, 2019
Today I was turnin up pc and noticed same thing happens to me (loading circle, then yellow triangle and when I turn on chrome, icon loads that internet is working). I think its normal if internet works good afterwards. Are you sure it doesnt happen before? Maybe you didnt notice it.
Yeah pretty sure it didn't happen before. I mean it really does wait quite a while, it will work straight after turning the pc on for maybe 20 seconds. And then just cuts and i can't get on the internet for at least 60 seconds maybe 2 minutes, seems like ages at the time.

And yeah i get the blue circle loading and if i try and load any webpages i get some DNS message.
96 GB of RAM???
Haha, yeah. I run some program that requires lots, was actually looking at upgrading to 256gb today as i max it out quite regularly :D