[SOLVED] Internet cutting out 5-6 times a day ?

Nov 10, 2021
Hi guys,

Been having this problem for a while.

My net just disconnects itself a few times a day, usually for the same amount of time, around 26 seconds.

It's the same whether I'm on wired or wifi.

I even reset windows and removed all my files/software and it still happens.

86M6wyG.png

Here's the log from the software I use to track these cut outs.

Anyone know what could be going on?

Solution
If we assume the tool is correct the most likely thing is your internet connection is actually going down for short times. Depending on the connection type the router or modem might have a log. All you can do is call the ISP if the internet is actually going down.

Most people just use a simple ping command to monitor this. Before you call your ISP I would add the IP of your router to your monitor software....not sure if it displays the details of which IP goes down and which does not. You could also just leave a constant ping run to your router IP.
This is mostly to ensure there is not some problem with your router. The ISP will attempt to blame the router so you will have test data to show them that the responds when...
If we assume the tool is correct the most likely thing is your internet connection is actually going down for short times. Depending on the connection type the router or modem might have a log. All you can do is call the ISP if the internet is actually going down.

Most people just use a simple ping command to monitor this. Before you call your ISP I would add the IP of your router to your monitor software....not sure if it displays the details of which IP goes down and which does not. You could also just leave a constant ping run to your router IP.
This is mostly to ensure there is not some problem with your router. The ISP will attempt to blame the router so you will have test data to show them that the responds when the other IP do not

Solution
Nov 10, 2021
If we assume the tool is correct the most likely thing is your internet connection is actually...

My bad, I should have added that there are 3-4 other computers on the network, we all use wired connections straight from the router, and it's only mine that has this issue, no other computer loses connection.

Is it fair to say it's something in my PC that's causing this at this point?

Nov 10, 2021
Run a constant ping to the router IP and see if you get loss. The event log might show you something. The first thing to try to determine is if the ethernet port itself is going down or if you just can't pass data.

Thanks for the help so far. I set up a constant ping to the router after finding out it's IP and let it run until my internet went down.

The net went down for 23 seconds and the constant ping was still running but it looks like nothing was lost.

Here's the log from command prompt:

Reply from 192.168.178.26: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 (there's probably about 1000 lines of this since it was running for about 30 minutes before my net went down again)

Ping statistics for 192.168.178.26:
Packets: Sent = 4164, Received = 4164, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

So this means you have something that is not a actual network issue causing this.

You get no loss to your router so it is not a simple driver/cable/hardware issue.

Only this one pc is affected so it can't be anything past the router because all devices would then get loss.

Be very sure other devices are not actually affected.

Hard to say it can be many things that cause this. One of the common ones is if you have any so called "gamer" network software that claims to prioritize game traffic. This is many times bundled with motherboards or video cards. Killer chipsets used to be the worst offender but you see Asus stuff with it bundled.