Internet cutting out when computer comes out of sleep mode

Envelion

Reputable
Oct 18, 2016
I've been having some annoying computer issues starting about a week ago. My set up is a a desktop Windows 7 PC, which is connected to the modem through the router. I've noticed that lately, if I put my computer to sleep, and then wake it up later, the internet cuts out. The only sure fire way I've found to fix it is to factory reset the router and set up my wifi network again.
As you can imagine, that gets old fast.

My partner just experienced the same thing when we had a power surge, and now the router is asking her to "finish logging in" which means that the router wants the new password and everything again.

I found someone who had a similar experience to this a few years ago, click here for that: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/27782-42-computer-causing-internet-down

But I'd like to try again and see if anyone has had this issue. Is it possible it's an IP conflict? A virus? Or just a crappy router? What' the most likely issue?

P.S.
On a side note, my PC has been running incredibly slowly lately. Might be unrelated, but I thought I'd mention it.

Solution
You can try resetting your desktop IP.

Go to the command prompt and input

ipconfig /release
once that runs follow it up with
ipconfig /renew

That should give your desktop a new IP address. If IP conflict was the problem that should clear it up.

s.anihilare

Great
Aug 22, 2018
Its a crappy ISP trick to distribute usage on the net.
My new router of my new ISP companie do tha same.
So its a crappy router configuration, in my case its from ISP router so it doesnt matter i bridge it.
Anyways the solution is allways calling to a port to have the connection open, almost for me but I hope someone can give us more light about this

You can try resetting your desktop IP.

Go to the command prompt and input

ipconfig /release
once that runs follow it up with
ipconfig /renew

That should give your desktop a new IP address. If IP conflict was the problem that should clear it up.

Solution