Internet dies every morning on only one device.

Nate_24

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Hi, I have this issue that on my computer the internet works fine. But then when I go to bed and wake up the next morning the Internet is dead, but only on my computer. it works fine for all the other computers and devices but not mine. I then have to restart my computer and then the Internet works again. It does this every morning when I wake up even though it was fine the day and night before. This is a recent issue and has only been occurring in the last week or so. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
there are several things you can try

go into device manager -> network adapters -> right click the network card -> properties -> power management and disable all power saving features.

go into event viewer and review the system log, look for events that occurred overnight, and look for errors / warning related to network card.

while the issue is occurring, before you restart your computer to fix it, open command prompt and run ipconfig /all and post the results here.

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
there are several things you can try

go into device manager -> network adapters -> right click the network card -> properties -> power management and disable all power saving features.

go into event viewer and review the system log, look for events that occurred overnight, and look for errors / warning related to network card.

while the issue is occurring, before you restart your computer to fix it, open command prompt and run ipconfig /all and post the results here.

Solution