[SOLVED] Internet difficulties during game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 8, 2021
Hey!
I am Patryk. I have 400/40 fiber optic internet with no jumping ping to any server and 0%loss also stable +300fps. My internet connection is terrible when i play around evening the game is unplayable enemies popping up like with delay on my screen also feel like my keyboard is slower than my mouse so my movement is ****

[Moderator edit to remove profanity. Remember that Tom's is a family friendly forum.]

All the problems seems to disapear late at night. Offline in game I don't have any problems like this. Pingplotter don't help since it do not show any problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
What you might try to do is run ping plotter on a different machine while you run the game. You might try it in the background of the same machine but the extra cpu etc may affect the game.

What I am wondering is does the small amount of traffic the game is using constantly cause issues that you can't see when only pingplotter is running.

In general time of day issues are related to too many people competing for some resource. The most common one would be too many of your neighbors watching netflix at night at overloading the ISP segment to your house. Your pingplot should show this.
Unfortunately it could be something different about the path to google and to the game company isp/server. You could try pingplot to some IP...
You are almost lucky if you can see a 20ms ping spike with a ping command. Sometimes that is related to internet routers programmed to always favor passing real traffic and then if it has extra time respond to ping.

In the end most games you might see 100ms.

About 20ms ? That is not going to have any impact.

Even if have 200ms of jitter on the connection the ISP will likely not fix it. They do not even really guarantee the bandwidth, they always use the "up to" disclaimer. When is is really high it means there is some kind of overloaded connection. When it is only a small amount like you see it is much more likely related to how the ISP router is responding to test data.

Jul 8, 2021
Now I play at 4am in my local time everything move smooth as butter. It has to be sth with the internet connection for sure or my home electrocity make my pc unstable i don't see any other reason

Latest posts