Question Internet disconnecting when I watch videos on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2019
A couple months ago, about 3 or 4, I changed my internet provider, greater download speed and greater upload.
But I started to notice something was wrong, It started happening once every two days, but today It started after 15 seconds into a video.
My internet just drops while watching a video, just disappears. This only happens on YouTube, not even on twitch this happens.
The only way to reconnect is by rebooting my computer, I tried rebooting my router but nothing, it still says I don't have a connection.
And I use optical fiber, I don't know much about network and all, but I don't think I should be having a problem with this.
On speedtests I get average 350Mbps on download and 170 Mbps on upload.

Thanks in advance and if I wrote something wrong, i'm sorry, english isn't my native language.

Jimcuchim

Reputable
Feb 25, 2019
Have you check your wifi card to see if there's any problem?
Does it only work when you reboot your computer? If it is then it's the computer's/wifi card's fault, otherwise it'll be the router problem.
Determine whether the wireless card is properly recognized by the computer. Do this by navigating to the "Start" menu, then to the "Control Panel," then to the "Device Manager." From there, open the option for "Network Adapters." You should see your wireless card in the list. Double-click on it and the computer should display "this device is working properly. Ping websites to test the ability of your wireless card if you are attached to a network and the Internet. "Pinging" a site is sending a small bit of data to the site and measuring the amount of time it takes for the data to return. Do this by navigating to the "Start" menu, then typing "cmd" in the search box. Click on the "cmd" program that appears to be taken to a DOS prompt. At the prompt, type in "ping" followed by a space and the name of a website (e.g. "ping www.google.com"). If all of your test packets are sent and received without problem, your card is working fine.

Also, try to use an Ethernet connection to determine if it is the card's problem or the router. The card could just be loosely connected or the antenna is broken or facing the wrong way.

Nov 8, 2019
Have you check your wifi card to see if there's any problem?
Does it only work when you reboot your computer? If it is then it's the computer's/wifi card's fault, otherwise it'll be the router problem.
Determine whether the wireless card is properly recognized by the computer. Do this by navigating to the "Start" menu, then to the "Control Panel," then to the "Device Manager." From there, open the option for "Network Adapters." You should see your wireless card in the list. Double-click on it and the computer should display "this device is working properly. Ping websites to test the ability of your wireless card if you are attached to a network and the Internet. "Pinging" a site is sending a small bit of data to the site and measuring the amount of time it takes for the data to return. Do this by navigating to the "Start" menu, then typing "cmd" in the search box. Click on the "cmd" program that appears to be taken to a DOS prompt. At the prompt, type in "ping" followed by a space and the name of a website (e.g. "ping www.google.com"). If all of your test packets are sent and received without problem, your card is working fine.

Also, try to use an Ethernet connection to determine if it is the card's problem or the router. The card could just be loosely connected or the antenna is broken or facing the wrong way.

Oh, i forgot to mention, I do indeed use ethernet, but never had any problem like that while watching on my cellphone.
I did change a thing on my network adapter to see if it would change, I disabled "Interrupt Moderation" on the advanced tab. Until now, it's running ok, i'll test through out the day

Status
Not open for further replies.