Internet disconnection problems

bacura101

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
So when i use high bandwidth (primarily happens with games) my internet adapter it seems just shuts off. The internet disconnects and after 30 seconds shows the hazard sign then after another 30 seconds i get an x and it says "no connection", lasts like that for a good 3 minutes of disabling and enabling the adapter to get it back on. I share my connection with 3 people and it's never happened to them (they don't play games though). This only happens to my computer with this specific connection.

Solution
Check to see the temperature of your WiFi adapter. I have seen them get quite warm to the point that they stop working. I rotate to another one, and the problem gets solved.

MentallyDeadKev

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I have the exact same problem.
Are you using wifi or ethernet?
So far I've tried disabling my firewall software and even changing it,
New network card,
Trying both a wireless connection and a wired,
New cables,
New dns and ip settings,
I've tried so many things to fix this and still don't have a solution, if I find one I'll make sure to post it here

bacura101

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010

have not tried ethernet at my home connection but i have a strong feeling that'll fix it completely.

bacura101

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread. So i did some troubleshooting and it turns out you're correct.
The issue only happened when my laptop was on my bed which restricted airflow and made the temperatures skyrocket thus disabling my adapter. Help was much appreciated, thank you!