Question Internet disconnects for a few seconds in random intervals

lucasems

Reputable
Aug 27, 2018
My internet disconnects at random intervals, for a few seconds. Its enough for me to drop out of the call in Discord, and to lag out in games but then usually get back before they auto-disconnect me. It happens around 3-5 times an hour. I'm using a cabled connection. I've tried contacting my ISP, they came to my house four different times and said the problem isn't on their end. I've tried changing power saving options, tried three different internet cables, tried changing my modem, tried different DNS servers, tried setting up a static IP. Nothing works. This problem started around six months ago, my connection was perfect before. I also uninstalled every single non-essential program that could be interferring with the connection, including my VPN. Nothing works, and i'm at my wit's end since its basically impossible to play any online game like this.
Here are my specs:

I'm willing to try basically anything at this point. Please help.

does the issue also occur with all other connected devices or just this one system?

it's possible that there is some corruption in Windows causing the issue but not common.

make sure you have the latest BIOS and the latest network(WiFi, LAN, etc) drivers installed directly from the motherboard manufacturer's product support downloads pages for this motherboard.

Reactions: lucasems

lucasems

Reputable
Aug 27, 2018
does the issue also occur with all other connected devices or just this one system?

it's possible that there is some corruption in Windows causing the issue but not common.

make sure you have the latest BIOS and the latest network(WiFi, LAN, etc) drivers installed directly from the motherboard manufacturer's product support downloads pages for this motherboard.
Thanks for the reply. Its difficult to know if the problem happens on other devices, since my PC and my phone are the only devices i have. I don't really game or use discord on my phone, so if the issue happens there i haven't been able to notice it. However, i did update my motherboard drivers and the BIOS as you suggested. I will post again later to report if the issue persists.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost