Internet disconnects while not online gaming

IDislikeAppleJuice

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
When I am gaming online internet works perfectly fine most of the time(league of legends, I haven't tested if internet also works just fine with other online games). But when I am not doing that and I am just browsing and watching videos with opera I get random disconnects. These are easily fixed by manually reconnecting but it happens at least 30 times a day.
I use wifi with a wifi usb adapter on my pc. I honestly have no clue where I should start to look to fix this problem

Solution
Let a constant ping command to something like 8.8.8.8 run in the background. This alone might fix it if it is something going into power save mode or something. When you see the disconnects what you want to see is if the pings also stop. I suspect you are having a DNS issue but that is only a guess. You can manually set your dns to 8.8.8.8 in your pc. This is a public google dns server that have servers in most large cities...they all have the ip 8.8.8.8
Let a constant ping command to something like 8.8.8.8 run in the background. This alone might fix it if it is something going into power save mode or something. When you see the disconnects what you want to see is if the pings also stop. I suspect you are having a DNS issue but that is only a guess. You can manually set your dns to 8.8.8.8 in your pc. This is a public google dns server that have servers in most large cities...they all have the ip 8.8.8.8

Solution