[SOLVED] Internet doesn't work until I restart computer

bioject

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2016
I just rebuilt my computer from scratch and it has a unique problem. Every time I turn on the computer, the internet won't work. This happens every time. What I have to do is then restart the computer and the internet will work normally. If I leave the computer on over night in sleep mode eventually the internet will stop working. I know this isn't a modem issue because my other computer never had this problem, none of our phones in the house have this problem, or my fiancé's laptop either. I did try repowering the modem for a couple of minutes to see if it reset something and I have tried the network adapter on windows 10.

This is the motherboard I currently own: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144302?Item=N82E16813144302
Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
I just installed the latest driver's from realtek's website. Hopefully that solves the problem.

My MOB also has wireless capability which also doesn't seem to work. I currently have the wireless function disabled.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Not really with usb 3.0. And they're super common--every best buy carries them. Quick and easy to try out and see if it fixes the issue. If it does--motherboard nic failing.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like it was a driver issue. After updating the drivers everything works now. Thanks for the help.

bioject

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2016
Not really with usb 3.0. And they're super common--every best buy carries them. Quick and easy to try out and see if it fixes the issue. If it does--motherboard nic failing.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like it was a driver issue. After updating the drivers everything works now. Thanks for the help.

Solution