Internet download speed bootleneck

Jul 25, 2018
I have a problem with my internet speed download because when i check my internet speed with ookla it says its 10mb/s down and around 0.5mb/s up and when i try to download anything it never goes faster than 900kb/s ,i dont think its the server of my download because its always around 1mb/s or slower.Can anyone help?

well I assume you checked both from same machine ?
its possible you have download limit speed either in APP or on server you download from.
Can you share what app/software does the download ?
what about cable connection/wifi did you check other one ? does it share the 1 MB/s limit ?

Sounds like a Megabits and Megabytes confusion issue. ISPs and speed testers measure the service in the former, and Windows / browser download speeds measure it in the latter. In addition, the Ookla speedtest is inclined to over-state your speed (maximum burst speed, as opposed to median speed over more lengthy test).

Suggest you download a 100MB file here, and monitor the time it takes - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download

Jul 25, 2018
I'm not using wifi,i'm using a utp cable which i think it has about 1gb/s output so i don't think the cable is the problem it;s basicly an ethernet cable,when i'm downloading files from Google Chrome,and i don't know about the download limit speed i don't know how to check it.