Internet dropping on new build

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Hello I'm running Windows 7 with a P8Z68-V PRO motherboard and every now and again (About once or twice a night) my internet will disconnect. Windows 7 will report there is no connection but my router does not flash (To say its D/C'd). Turning the router off then back on fixes the issue (Untill it randomly happens again). I've check the Asus site for updated LAN drivers but they are somehow older then the ones I'm using on the disk. This did not happen on my old build with the same router so I don't think its that.

Any ideas?

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
I'll try another one tomorrow. The issue is, I've never had this problem on my old build which leads me to think its maybe a software issue or something. I'll have a look around for another cable though. Thanks

Have you checked the power saving settings? By default windows chooses "Balanced" as the best power saving option, but I've had issues with the "turn off ethernet to save energy" setting. I would check your power saving profile and check "never turn off" and see if that helps.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't find the exact setting you were talking about so I've just switched it to "High performance". I'll report back tomorrow with my results.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Update: Turning the power saving options off have not fixed the issue. I've replaced the cable now and am trying that. Will update in a few days. If this fails any other ideas what it could be?

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Another Update: From the looks of it, it is my internet dropping after all. The only problem is it has an @ light on the router and as far as I know its meant to flash when it loses connection but its not when the internet drops? The only reason I know is because I have an internet tablet also connected to it so I tried that when my PC D/C'd and it would also not load a page. Does anyone have an Orange Livebox that can explain why this is happening?Another Update: From the looks of it, it is my internet dropping after all. The only problem is it has an @ light on the router and as far as I know its ment to flash when it loses connection but its not when the internet drops? The only reason I know is because I have an internet tablet also connected to it so I tried that when my PC D/C'd and it would also not load a page. Does anyone have an Orange Livebox that can explain why this is happening?