[SOLVED] Internet dropping randomly

And7rey

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
Hey guys,
Haven’t been active here for some time but I value your helpfulness and knowledge so I thought I might just ask here.
My computer started to randomly drop from the internet for no reason. After restarting my PC it works again for about 15-20mins and then it drops and I need to restart the system again.
In the network settings it just says “no internet access” and that it’s connected but cannot access anything on the network.

i’m connected through LAN and my phone is connected on WiFi which is working perfectly fine. Also every other computer or phone connected to my router is working fine as well so the problem must lie in my computer.

This has never happened before and I only recently started to have this issue.
I’m also using Windows 10

Solution
- Try re-installing your Network Adapter by right clicking on This PC (My Computer)
go to Properties, Device Manager and double click Network Adapters to expand then uninstall the device. Reboot your computer and see if it works.

- Go to your Router settings and search for local devices, find your computer and remove it from there. This will disconnect your PC...reconnect and see if this solves the problem..i hope.

- Try rebooting your router to Factory Default if its possible, Sometimes these issues happen for no logical reason like an error in the software of the router that affecting your device only while others can connect normally.

Also make sure that your device is connected to (2.4GHz) not (5GHz)
in the router settings.
Oct 23, 2019
- Try re-installing your Network Adapter by right clicking on This PC (My Computer)
go to Properties, Device Manager and double click Network Adapters to expand then uninstall the device. Reboot your computer and see if it works.

- Go to your Router settings and search for local devices, find your computer and remove it from there. This will disconnect your PC...reconnect and see if this solves the problem..i hope.

- Try rebooting your router to Factory Default if its possible, Sometimes these issues happen for no logical reason like an error in the software of the router that affecting your device only while others can connect normally.

Also make sure that your device is connected to (2.4GHz) not (5GHz)
in the router settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: And7rey
Solution

And7rey

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
I found out the problem was my kaspersky internet security. For some weird reason it was interfering with my connection, as soon as I deleted it my internet started to work normally.
But thanks for the help nontheless.

TRENDING THREADS