Question Internet drops every 10-20 mins more or less since windows update 1903

Dec 8, 2019
Ok, so I recently bought a netgear ex6120 wifi extender since I am in the attic and the router is on ground floor, the main router is a Virgin media 2ac.
All set up and everything worked great, no issues.

Then I updated Windows to the latest 1903 or whichever one it was, the one that was released in around May 2019, since then, my internet drops but I will still be connected to the extender, but it's weird because for example I could be watching a Twitch stream, it will keep playing uninterrupted but if I were to attempt to connect to a website via new tab the page will hang on "resolving host" and eventually the page will display text that I have no internet connection despite a live stream will still be playing in the other tab, normally to fix this I would disconnect and reconnect to the extender and it will all be fine for another 10-20 minutes or so.

I tried all the fixes that the Microsoft "support" have offered with their copy pasta fixes, no change, tried all those funky netsh commands, no change, I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled, no change, I updated firmware on extender, no change, restored it back to factory settings no change, this only happens with my pc but not any other device that connects to the extender,

I've used multiple channels and chose the best one via wifi analyser, ones where mine will sit on a channel not used by any other router for example the last one I used was channel 1, no change,

It's driving me nuts, I can't system restore to before the Windows update because that restore point has gone missing.

Any ideas ?

Any questions I will ask as soon as I can.

Dec 8, 2019
Worked out the box for about 2 months+ then i updated windows and it happened after that, yesterday I reset PC back to factory settings and still having issues, will check firewall settings as well as buy a cheap wifi dongle to see if I still have issues.

Endre

Reputable
Ok, so I recently bought a netgear ex6120 wifi extender since I am in the attic and the router is on ground floor, the main router is a Virgin media 2ac.
All set up and everything worked great, no issues.

Then I updated Windows to the latest 1903 or whichever one it was, the one that was released in around May 2019, since then, my internet drops but I will still be connected to the extender, but it's weird because for example I could be watching a Twitch stream, it will keep playing uninterrupted but if I were to attempt to connect to a website via new tab the page will hang on "resolving host" and eventually the page will display text that I have no internet connection despite a live stream will still be playing in the other tab, normally to fix this I would disconnect and reconnect to the extender and it will all be fine for another 10-20 minutes or so.

I tried all the fixes that the Microsoft "support" have offered with their copy pasta fixes, no change, tried all those funky netsh commands, no change, I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled, no change, I updated firmware on extender, no change, restored it back to factory settings no change, this only happens with my pc but not any other device that connects to the extender,

I've used multiple channels and chose the best one via wifi analyser, ones where mine will sit on a channel not used by any other router for example the last one I used was channel 1, no change,

It's driving me nuts, I can't system restore to before the Windows update because that restore point has gone missing.

Any ideas ?

Any questions I will ask as soon as I can.

I’d download the Windows 10 v1909 via Media Creation Tool and re-install Windows 10 (clean).