Internet drops every now and then

Arthevariel

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Hello everyone.

I've got some weird problem with my internet since middle of december and I'm looking for a help.

What happens is, during the day - few times, around an every hour I've got connection drops - but not just connection drops, I can see people typing to me or while playing the game I can see what is happening but I cannot do anything by myself - I can't send messages, I can't move or do anything. It's like the internet is there but it's not.
I called my ISP and they told me that everything from their side is fine - I have no internet connection drops.
If I do ping google.com for example I can see the ping going just fine even when internet connection drops.
I was told to try and connect the modem from ISP directly to my PC to see if it's an issue with my router, but it was still happening, so I tried to reinstall Windows, but it just happened again and I'm really clueless what to do next.

Arthevariel

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Yes I do have the latest drivers for my networking adapter.
Wired
Router

I eliminated already that the issue would be router because I did connected to the internet via cable from the modem directly (without using Router) and it was still causing the issue.

Windows 10 Pro is my OS.

If you get no loss with a ping to google then you do not have a actual networks loss.....or the loss is in another ISP. You could ping the game or discord servers I guess.

I would test with your phone or something else when you pc is acting up and verify that the internet functions correctly.

These type of problems are hard because it can be pretty much any software in the machine messing up.

I will pick my favorite to blame but it will not apply if your motherboard does not use killer ethernet chips. You need to load the driver from their site that has all the killer features removed.

Arthevariel

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
I do actually have Killer Ethernet 2500, with the latest drivers from February 1st 2019.
There wasn't really any software to blame since my PC was after clean instalation and it still happened.

As for the Discord for example - when it happens I can see my messages but they are not as sent yet, but in the same time I keep seeing new messages coming to me like nothing with the internet is happening.

Also its quite hard to check it with phone as I never know when it's gonna happen and when it happens it's only for like 3 seconds, but its enough to make me frustrated already

If you have killer go to there site and find the special drivers that is only the driver. Even if you uninstall the killer app there are still hooks in the driver that has issues.

It is surprising that killer has so many issues then again sometimes it is mircrosoft OS patches that break stuff killer has to fix.

It may not be that but it is actually sad how many times killer has messed up that I can even guess this.

There should be only 1 app and it uninstalls. Then tell it to replace the driver. At worst it is 1 reboot.

I forget exactly this actually has been going on for a number of years and I made sure any motherboard I purchased does not have killer stuff so I can't say for sure what they have been up to. I know intel is trying the same crap on asus machines but lucky that is just a app program the drivers are not special.

Now it might be something different but these really strange issues tend to be driver or maybe firewall related but since you reinstalled that eliminates the firewall