[SOLVED] Internet Drops Out (UNUSUAL TYPE)

Jan 14, 2019
My internet randomly drops out. Some programs will lose connection but closing and restarting them works, for some reason. Refreshing a page after the hiccup will not work, the program must be closed and restarted completely.

Pinging google will infrequently time out, as does pinging my router directly. Setting up pings on another computer showed that only this one has connection troubles.

Things I have tried:

power cycling the modem/router
factory resetting the modem/router
restarting the computer
ipconfig ->release->renew->all
netsh winsock reset
changing DNS to google's servers (ipv4 and 6)
sfc /scannow
disabling all antivirus and firewalls, and uninstalling them

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. It is particularly frustrating for any long-session stuff like gaming, youtube/netflix/pandora, and such, due to the drops.

It may not be related, but Netflix also causes micro stuttering where the entire computer lags for a half second, every second, which can seemingly amplify the issue - though I have no proof of causality.

As this is a very strange type of issue (to me, at least) I have been unable to find a solution in my searching.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Since the issue is isolated to one system, you really should have some details about the computer, laptop, desktop, brand/model, wired, wireless? Did you try a different network card? If it's a laptop did you test it outside the house? Check for network drivers for the system, chipset and BIOS update may help. Last thing you can try is a clean Windows setup, that would rule out any issues outside of hardware or something with the network connection.
Since the issue is isolated to one system, you really should have some details about the computer, laptop, desktop, brand/model, wired, wireless? Did you try a different network card? If it's a laptop did you test it outside the house? Check for network drivers for the system, chipset and BIOS update may help. Last thing you can try is a clean Windows setup, that would rule out any issues outside of hardware or something with the network connection.

Solution