Internet Explorer problem with Windows 2000

Joe

Can anyone here please help me with the procedure to repair Internet
Explorer in Windows 2000 as one of our Senior Group Members has a problem
with it.

TIA

--

Regards
Joe

These articles may help or post the details of the problem here.

inetexplorer.ie6.browser

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/194177
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/ie/6/all/reskit/en-us/part7/z02ie6rk.mspx

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Joe" wrote:
| Can anyone here please help me with the procedure to repair Internet
| Explorer in Windows 2000 as one of our Senior Group Members has a problem
| with it.
|
| TIA
|
| --
|
| Regards
| Joe
| Tasmania

Joe

Thanks for your reply Dave.

This member has been having some problems and I advised her to go to
Add/Remove Programs and run the Repair Tool for Internet Explorer, thinking
that it would be the same as 98 and ME but when she went to do that there is
no listing for it.

I use XP and I'm not familiar with 2000 so I was wondering if it was the
same as XP where you have to run sfc /scannow.

Any further suggestions?

--

Regards
Joe
"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> These articles may help or post the details of the problem here.
>
> inetexplorer.ie6.browser
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/194177
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/ie/6/all/reskit/en-us/part7/z02ie6rk.mspx

> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Joe" wrote:
> | Can anyone here please help me with the procedure to repair Internet
> | Explorer in Windows 2000 as one of our Senior Group Members has a
> problem
> | with it.
> |
> | TIA
> |
> | --
> |
> | Regards
> | Joe
> | Tasmania

sfc the system file checker also works in Windows 2000 but it is an
operating system tool not really for IE. Try the links or ask them in the
inetexplorer.* groups.

--

"Joe" wrote:
| Thanks for your reply Dave.
|
| This member has been having some problems and I advised her to go to
| Add/Remove Programs and run the Repair Tool for Internet Explorer,
thinking
| that it would be the same as 98 and ME but when she went to do that there
is
| no listing for it.
|
| I use XP and I'm not familiar with 2000 so I was wondering if it was the
| same as XP where you have to run sfc /scannow.
|
| Any further suggestions?
|
| --
|
| Regards
| Joe
| Tasmania

Joe

Thanks again Dave, I couldn't really find what I wanted in the links so will
I will ask in IE groups as you suggest.

Cya