Internet Explorer windows at the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astralv

Distinguished
I am used to have IE windows opened at the bottom of the screen in Widows XP and Vista. In Windows 8, it offers me to use tabs at the top of each page. I can still open new IE window, but all windows hiding under big blue E and I have to mouse over it to see windows preview and then select which window I want to open. This is very time consuming when switching fast. Is there any way to have IE windows at the bottom of the screen as it used to be in XP/Vista? I have long empty space where the windows used to be and I need them back there. Thank you.

Astralv

Distinguished
Thank you for your reply. I do not have problem with tabs. I like to keep them. In Vista, I have tabs, AND I have windows. I would like to keep tabs at the top but also have windows at the bottom. There even used to be option to group similar windows. Is there a way to get these windows from under the big blue E and have them stretched on the lower bottom section of the screen as it used to be with website name? Thanks.

Astralv

Distinguished
Ok, I got back windows buttons. Thank you for pointing me toward it. Now the big blue E disappeared. Can I have big E back? I can not open new IE without this big E. Also it used to be a way to have "show desktop" button there. Not the desktop toolbar that lists desktop programs but a button that when click on, would show the desktop itself.

Astralv

Distinguished
This is what I see in Help, but I do not have "Show desktop" at the right end of the taskbar

You can use the Show desktop button at the right end of the taskbar to minimize your open windows and get to the desktop quickly. And if you're using a mouse, you can also use it to preview the desktop without closing or minimizing your open windows.

To minimize all of the open windows on the desktop

Tap or click the Show desktop button at the right end of the taskbar. All of the open windows minimize, revealing the desktop.

To get the windows back, tap or click the Show desktop button again.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
There is no option to use large icons without text and to have the icons not combine. If you close all Internet Explorer windows, the Internet Explorer icon will remain (without text) so long as it is pinned to the Start Menu and can be used to launch Internet Explorer. If Internet Explorer is open, you can right click on any Internet Explorer icon in the Taskbar and select Internet Explorer, which should be the third option from the bottom, to launch a new Window. This menu is also available if the icons are combined without text so that you can open multiple Windows of Internet Explorer, even when represented by a single icon on the Taskbar.

The show desktop button is found in the lower right corner, to the right of the clock in the System Tray, it is now clear, but if you click there, it will show the desktop and minimize all windows. Alternatively you can also press the Windows Key on your keyboard in combination with the D key. You can also simply hover the mouse over the button (in the bottom right corner of the screen) to temporarily Peek at the desktop.

Astralv

Distinguished
O..... ok. Thanks. This makes it harder, but I guess I can get used to it. Reading the help- it keeps saying, "IF you use mouse..." How many people do not use mouse? Everybody uses mouse- what else can you use on a desktop? I doubt many people can afford touch monitors over $600. I bought touch pad- it does not do anything other then act like out of control mouse. I can not swipe anything to open charms with it. May be I need to read manual, but this form of help files that keeps saying 'If you use mouse" is frustrating. Have to read a paragraph and then realize it does not apply to you because you can not swipe anything. Must be future-oriented.

Thank you for your help with the windows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.