Question Internet gateway did not accept your changes

Jun 19, 2023
Attempting to port forward via router properties because I don't have access to the router
Every time I attempt to save changes the error "The internet gateway did not accept your changes" pops up and I'm back at square one
This method used to work before
Asus TUF-AX5400

D

Deleted member 14196

If it’s not your router, then you have no access to it and no one will give you help the bypass that. That is against the rules of the forum.

I am unsure how you even saw the screen to set the port forwarding options if you do not have access.

Are there 2 routers and the ax5400 is your router but there is another router in front of it.

Unless they added some new feature pretty much if you can log into a router you have admin rights. Some modem/routers provided by the ISP are different but the ax5400 is a standard consumer router.

That message generally means you did not set the options correctly. Port forwarding is very non standard between routers and some routers are more confusing than other to setup.

Normally I would recommend you use the dmz option to start since it is easy but if there is another router in front of it then it does no good since that router gets the public ip and not yours. If you only have the ax5400 they again it is back to what do you mean you do not have access since it appears you can log into it.