[SOLVED] Internet gets disconnected while playing a game then reconnects after 10 secs

Salman Wahidi

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
So I play this game, Dead By Daylight, and my wifi internet disconnects randomly and then reconnects by itself after 10-15 seconds. Problem is, I am getting DC penalties because of it. I have tried various fixes such as updating the drivers, putting my laptop into high-performance mode, turning off firewall and anti-virus, etc, but things seem to solve it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Additional info: I don't think it's a problem with the game because I have two laptops and the game works fine on my other one.

Solution
So I play this game, Dead By Daylight, and my wifi internet disconnects randomly and then reconnects by itself after 10-15 seconds. Problem is, I am getting DC penalties because of it. I have tried various fixes such as updating the drivers, putting my laptop into high-performance mode, turning off firewall and anti-virus, etc, but things seem to solve it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Additional info: I don't think it's a problem with the game because I have two laptops and the game works fine on my other one.

It could be that you're in range of another wifi access point/router that you've connected to in the past, and if you have 'Connect automatically when in range' checked in your wifi settings, your computer could be...
May 1, 2021

It could be that you're in range of another wifi access point/router that you've connected to in the past, and if you have 'Connect automatically when in range' checked in your wifi settings, your computer could be switching between different routers, as most computers by default will go with the strongest signal.
signal strength fluctuates based on several variables, so most of the time your own router is the strongest, but occassionally it's not. So your computer does you a solid by switching to the wifi with lower latency. and it keeps going back and forth between the networks as the signal strengths change.

Like if you have two wifi routers setup in your house for better coverage, your device has the SSID and WPA2 key [wifi password] for both. It's configured to connect automatically when in range of both of them. It chooses the better connection. and it reevaluates that decision periodically.

So look for any other wifi signals that are in range and if you've connected to them before, click on properties or settings and uncheck 'connect automatically when in range'.

Also, if you're in the US, you may see 'xfinitywifi' wifi access points, like everywhere you go... If you've ever connected to one of them, it may be trying to reconnect based on the SSID [xfinitywifi] which is saved in your network history.

Solution