[SOLVED] Internet goes down and PC wont restart

Jan 23, 2019
Hi so i been having a issue where my internet will suddenly will stop working and i cant click the wifi icon on my toolbar but everything else will act normal.

If i try to restart or shut down my computer it will just continue to say shutting down/restarting but never do anything.

in order to get it to shut down i have to hold down the actual power button or flip the power switch on the back and then after that the internet normally starts working again.

Edit - I am using wireless my network adapter is Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter i have tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers but it didn't do no good. i am also using 5G instead of 2G since its faster and my router is in the same room.

My pc specs is: Intel core i7700k.
Motherboard is MSI Z270-A-Pro (MS-7A71),
16GB of DDR4 Ram clocked at NB Frequency 4100 MHz Dram Frequency 1200 MHz
Graphics is a GTX 1080 TI by MSI
and im running Windows 10 home version 1.86.0 September 2018

Solution
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

And verify that you are indeed using wireless connectivity. Ensure that any wired adapters are disabled - one or the other (wireless or wired) not both at the same time.

After checking the connectivity being used, download, reinstall, and reconfigure the applicable network adapter drivers.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

And verify that you are indeed using wireless connectivity. Ensure that any wired adapters are disabled - one or the other (wireless or wired) not both at the same time.

After checking the connectivity being used, download, reinstall, and reconfigure the applicable network adapter drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS