Question Internet goes down when i play videogames.

arzakyum

Commendable
Dec 20, 2017
Hey guys so i've been having this problem for 4 days now. I contacted my ISP and since they're so useful they told me that they couldn't do anything because my download speeds were normal...

So, whenever i try to play a video game my ping is around 60ms which is high considering i usually get 20ms ping. But that really isn't the problem. The problem is that it has spikes, it goes up to 300ms and when that happens the game completely freezes and the internet goes down on the entire computer, wifi too.

Whenever i do a speed test i always get 110+ mbs/s download but what's interesting is that when i do the speedtest my ping on discord calls goes up to 500ms...

I really don't know what else to do guys, i've tried a ton of stuff but nothing helps.

I have a wired connection.

Can someone help me out?

Lutfij

Titan
Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you on? Uninstall the drivers for your NIC's and then reinstall them with the latest found off manufacturer's support site.

What is the make and model of your router? Make sure it's on the latest firmware version. Which games are exhibiting this issue?

arzakyum

Commendable
Dec 20, 2017
Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you on? Uninstall the drivers for your NIC's and then reinstall them with the latest found off manufacturer's support site.

What is the make and model of your router? Make sure it's on the latest firmware version. Which games are exhibiting this issue?

Thanks for the reply!

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: asus b350 gaming plus
Ram: 16gb
SSD/HDD: barracuda 1tb (not sure)
GPU: 1060 3gb
PSU: Seasonic 80 plus bronze 520w

"Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard." I'm updating everything just in case.

"What is the make and model of your router? " It's provided by the isp "Hitron CVE30360 Board"

"Which games are exhibiting this issue? " Valorant and rocket league. But that's all i tested.