Question Internet goes down while streaming on discord

Apr 21, 2023
Why does my internet go down every few minutes while sharing my screen on discord?
i'm using an ethernet cable and my internet speed is (500mpbs download, 200 Mbps Upload)
everything seems fine when im not streaming but as soon as i start sharing my screen on discords my internet completely goes down (only the PC) for a few seconds then it comes back.
This happens every few minutes only if i start sharing my screen.
I have a ryzen 7 3700x with RTX 2080 and 16gb RAM

how do you recognize that it is going down? Maybe the data transferred at the beginning is very high while sharing the screen and after a while the loaded cache can provide better internet speeds.
Which resolution and fps are you on while sharing?

Apr 21, 2023
how do you recognize that it is going down? Maybe the data transferred at the beginning is very high while sharing the screen and after a while the loaded cache can provide better internet speeds.
Which resolution and fps are you on while sharing?

The internet on everything goes down for a few seconds for example if im streaming an online game like Fifa it disconnects me from the game when that happens, also happens if im streaming Youtube or twitch I also check the Task manager under the performance tab and the Ethernet is Gone for a few seconds before getting reconnected again

Does your PC have wifi? Try that for a data point.

Your ethernet may drivers may need to be update, never use the default drivers in windows for ethernet and wifi drivers. Go to your motherboard manufacturers webpage and download the correct ethernet driver. Make sure you uninstall the current ethernet in device manager and check the box to delete the current driver.

If you have any KILLER ethernet or Killer wifi installed on your computer, delete all of their software and as much of their stuff as you can.