Internet History And Commands

JonathanF

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
I will be redoing my Computer and upgrading from Windows ME to Windows XP.

I need to save all of the Internet Search Options, Commands, and the Auto-Complete Option.

I know how to save my Favorites, but I am talking about when you type in the first letter or letters any the whole word or phase comes up.
Example: You type in the letter "A" in the Search Options or in any of the Internet Dialog Boxes and the word "Apple" comes up or "Anandtech" or "AMDMB".

My wife loves to use "Ebay" and when she types in Character Searches, she just has to type in the first letter or letters and the whole list of words or phrases comes up.

Is there any way I can retain these character listings when I redo my Computer?

I am keeping everything on the IDE Disk Drive that will be used as a Backup Disk Drive.

I am installing a new IDE Disk Drive, so I will be able to retreive any of this information from the original IDE Disk Drive.

Where is this "Auto-Complete" Feature stored?

Is it in the Cookies, or where are these Files stored?

Any information would be very helpful.

Jonathan

Jonathan

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I believe it looks in history first then favorites followed by its own web search.

<font color=blue>Remember. You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
My wife loves to use "Ebay" and when she types in Character Searches, she just has to type in the first letter or >>letters and the whole list of words or phrases comes up.
>>
>>Is there any way I can retain these character listings >>when I redo my Computer?

These are stored in the registry. Just do a search of your registry using one of the listings as your key word.