Internet is connected but I can not play games.

twistintitties

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I have run into this problem before and just turned off my private firewall. This fixed the issue for about 3 weeks to 1 month. It has come about again. When I say can't connect I mean the game launched but it doesn't connect to my internet/can't connect to game servers. I have gone as far as to do a factory reset. I was able to get about 3 successful Over Watch matches in before crashing. I have not been able to access any game since.
Side note: this was for games like overwatch, lol, csgo, and more.

Solution
Open Event Viewer on your PC and look for error codes or warnings just before or at the time of the crashes.

Small red and yellow icons are used to identify those events. Most computers generally have such errors as a matter of "routine".

You must find the errors that match what you were doing and the time you were doing it.

The following link from within this forum will help you get started. Take your time, explore the logs and see what you can find.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

And you may be able to find some error information via your router's logs provided that 1) you have admin access to the router, 2) that the router has logs, and 3) that logging is enabled.

twistintitties

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
My PC. I was mid game and the client crashed, which typically doesnt happen but it did today. Everything is available on the internet and works fine including streaming like netflix. Comcast, Arris is the brand on my router.

Ralston18

Titan
Open Event Viewer on your PC and look for error codes or warnings just before or at the time of the crashes.

Small red and yellow icons are used to identify those events. Most computers generally have such errors as a matter of "routine".

You must find the errors that match what you were doing and the time you were doing it.

The following link from within this forum will help you get started. Take your time, explore the logs and see what you can find.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

And you may be able to find some error information via your router's logs provided that 1) you have admin access to the router, 2) that the router has logs, and 3) that logging is enabled.

Solution