Question Internet is fine but packet loss in discord and lag in games?

Dec 21, 2019
So I've never had a problem with my internet before but for the past three nights the second it gets late my discord packet loss rates go through the roof and I start lagging to everyone in the call, and any online game I play lags even though my ping is great.

My PC is connected through Ethernet, and I've tried all the fixes for messing with Discord settings and everything. I recently replaced my hard drive with an SSD and cloned it so its the exact same thing as my old one making me think that it isn't the problem, especially because this only seems to be happening at night. My download speeds are the same as always which is over 100mb/s on google's speed test and for some reason my upload speeds aren't even reaching 1mb/s when this happens, I am yet to try to test the upload speed when everything is working in order though.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a constant ping in background windows run to your router IP and to some IP like 8.8.8.8.

If you see loss to the router it is most likely you pc. You could check by using a different device and see if it gets loss that corresponds with you discord issues.

If you get good to your router but issues to 8.8.8.8 it means your internet connection is likely having a issue. You could try to call your ISP but you may first want to run tracert and run ping to the second hop as well as your router ip. This should show the ISP the problem is in the connection to your house.

Reactions: SamirD
Dec 21, 2019
Leave a constant ping in background windows run to your router IP and to some IP like 8.8.8.8.

If you see loss to the router it is most likely you pc. You could check by using a different device and see if it gets loss that corresponds with you discord issues.

If you get good to your router but issues to 8.8.8.8 it means your internet connection is likely having a issue. You could try to call your ISP but you may first want to run tracert and run ping to the second hop as well as your router ip. This should show the ISP the problem is in the connection to your house.
Ok s I'm kind of clueless on network stuff, how do i put a ping on in the background to do this? And once I have that, do i need a program or something to track if there is a loss to my router?

TRENDING THREADS