Internet is gone after installing new GPU

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Hello.
I just tried installing GTX 970 on Win 8.1, after the installation of the GPU I lost network. Windows reports that no adapter is installed.

I tried re-installing the drivers from the original CD from ASUS, but I get an error that No cable is recognized if in Deep Sleep plug in cable.

I googled this problem and tried removing ram, restoring system, changing power plans and I still have this issue.

I have removed the new GPU and plugged in my monitor into build in port and still no Adapter.

I don't know what to do? I am sure that I did not short anything on the MOBO. The only thing changed on mobo is I added a new cable to the PSU and re-arranged how they're connected to the back of the PSU itself. My PSU is 600Watts.

Please help.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
My mobo is P8 H77M.

I have removed the card - no network controller detected
I already re-installed win 8.1 WITH GTX 970 already inside (like support suggested) - no controller detected

I have tried installing the latest drivers , but since no controller there is nothing to install.

Right now I am waiting 15 minutes, took out the CMOS battery to rest mobo to factory settings.

I wonder if the card could've broke my MOBO somehow? Everything was working fine before the failed install attempt.